April 9, 2014

A Note from Me

I've heard rumors that someone wrote a note on the last test about how awful our teacher is and that when they signed up for a college course, they hoped to learn something and have a chance of passing the exam at the end of the year. Apparently, they posted this note on a social media site. I looked it up and read the note, and apparently they mentioned that I am a better teacher than our actual, in-class teacher.

I don't support a note like this, and I definitely do not want our teacher compared to me. Part of my mind is telling me that this is outright bullying, which shouldn't happen to anyone, teachers included. 

I'm just posting this to let you know that I do not, in any way, support the idea that our teacher is a bad person or the idea that they should be shamed or bullied, especially on social media sites. Really, that shouldn't have been posted, and there was no need to write it on a test. Any concerns that you have should be taken directly to the teacher, not posted on the Internet. I am running this site because I think we need a supplement to our in-class education, and that it would be a helpful tool to help us pass the exam - NOT because we aren't learning anything. 

I am aware that I may get some sort of backlash for posting this, but I really think that we shouldn't be writing notes like these or posting them on the Internet. If I have offended anyone because of my opinion, I'm sorry. But I don't think that the matter should have been handled this way.   

 - Jessica

Please don't kill me! Here is a kitten for putting up with my rant here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will appear here soon!